With YellowPencil, you get a new Edit With YellowPencil button that you can access from the WordPress toolbar.
Once you open the YellowPencil interface, you’re able to:
- Click on any element on your page to select it.
- Style elements using a graphic interface with drop-downs, color pickers, etc.
That’s the core function of the entire plugin – I’ll show you it hands-on in a section.
Beyond that, YellowPencil also offers:
- Drag-and-drop layout controls. You can just drag-and-drop elements on the live preview to change their position.
- Drag-and-drop resizing. Similarly, you can also use drag-and-drop to resize certain elements on the visual preview.
- Responsive design. You can view responsive previews and make style changes that only apply to that device.
- Wireframe mode. This helpful mode makes it easier to adjust layouts by hiding visual elements and just showing a simple wireframe.
- Undo/Redo and Revision History. These make it easy to go backward or forward as needed.
- Direct CSS Editor. If you are already familiar with CSS, you can also make direct changes in the code editor.
And one of the coolest things is that YellowPencil works with everything. That is, you can use it to style both your WordPress theme, as well as the output from any plugins you’re using.